Tuesday, December 22, 2009

17 weeks

Remember when Evan didn't talk? At 15 months, he still hadn't really said his first word, so we arranged for speech therapy. These days, it's hard to believe that there was ever a time when Evan didn't talk, because its All. He. Ever. Does! Evan talks constantly. He even talks when there's no one around to hear him. He loves the sound of his own voice, and as a result I'm pretty sure our baby is going to love it too.

When we had Evan, we were so excited to experience that moment in the delivery room when he turned to the sound of our voices. But, I've been telling Jeff that this time around he's going to have spend considerable time talking to my belly if he's going compete with Evan. In fact, I'm not so sure that even I can compete with him. I think Evan talks more than Jeff and I combined, and his might be the only voice this baby responds to when it's born!

I've finished 17 weeks of this pregnancy, which means I have 23 more to go. Twenty-three more weeks for this baby to become familiar with the voice of it's Mommy and Daddy. And only three more weeks until I won't have to call it an it anymore!

No comments: