Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Little nudger"

Some women love being pregnant. I am not one of those women. Some women are glowing beacons of joy and contentment while pregnant. I, however, am whiny, lazy, and perpetually uncomfortable. I've really tried to maintain a positive perspective and enjoy the process. But, I wouldn't say I've been terribly successful with that venture. Jeff, God bless him, has already become my full time butler, and I'm not even half-way through. To be fair, this has been a much more taxing pregnancy. I feel like every symptom has happened earlier and more intensely than last time. But really, pregnancy just isn't my bag.

There is one thing, though, that I absolutely love about being pregnant...feeling the baby move. Looking back on those long 10 months with Evan, I loved every kick, hiccup, somersault, and uppercut. Even the annoying ones. Those movements made all of the other stuff seem more bearable.

I've been feeling this baby move for the last couple of weeks, and even though it's still pretty sporadic, it's caused me to enjoy this time a little more. This morning is a great example. I was awake at 4:30 for various pregnant-related reasons, and just as I was about to shout out in disgust, the baby gave me a little nudge. Instead of shouting, I smiled, and waited for more kicks until I fell asleep.

I'm pretty sure it's time to start taking belly shots, since I'm obviously showing at this point. So, besides Christmas posts, that's next on the agenda!

No comments: