Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Don't report me for blog neglect :-)

Holy Moly, I have seriously been neglecting the blog these last two weeks! Facebook has made me lazy. It's so much easier to write one sentence than it is to write a whole post. Not to mention that coherency doesn't seem to be as important on Facebook, so I don't have to worry about punctuation or forming complete thoughts.

So, what's been going on over here in VerWaynia? It seems like it's been really busy. For starters, we've been deep into all things football. We are definitely a football family. Something a few of you may not know is that I actually played football at the collegiate level. Well, in our intramural league that is :-) And I was hardcore. I played all four years, and I was the captain of our playoff present team for the last two. My position was safety and I even got called for unnecessary roughness during my tenure. Those were good times!

But when I met my husband, I definitely had to up my level of commitment to professional football. Jeff is a huge Colts fan, and over the years, I've begun to match his enthusiasm. NFL football is the only sport Jeff watches, which I'm thankful for, and during the season we spend every Sunday afternoon or Monday night watching the gmes. I really enjoy those times. There's something very relaxing about spending the day on the couch cheering for you team, and maybe sneaking in a nap! I even listen to sports radio to stay up to date on all the latest NFL drama. Am I Wife of The Year or what?

Our budget doesn't usually allow for trips to the stadium, but this weekend we were fortunate enough to have generous friends who couldn't use their tickets, so we got to attend the AFC championship game. It was awesome!! Jeff was a little worried, since the last playoff game he went to we lost, but apparently I was the difference maker, and this time he got to experience the big win in person! It did make for a long day though, especially since we had been out until midnight the night before for our monthly date night. But, it was worth it, and now we're gearing up for the Super Bowl. I'm sure we'll be watching (and eating) with friends, and I can't wait! Go Colts!

In other news, we've officially enrolled Evan in preschool. He'll start this Fall, and I can't believe he's old enough to begin "school." I'm excited to watch him learn and mature. He still has a long way to go before he'll be ready for Kindergarten, especially in the attention span department. But he'll get there, and hopefully these two years of preschool will help!

More on baby girl later...

1 comment:

Lauren Stahl said...

Did you go with light and life? I will be making my decision next week after I tour one more, ah good times.