Thursday, March 25, 2010

30 Weeks!


This was week 30 of my pregnancy, which means now I'm in the single digit weeks. I must have looked especially large this week because in only three days of work, I heard all of the following: "wow, you've really popped," "you've really got a lot going on there," and my personal favorite, "you're really blossoming." Not to mention the countless, "when are you due again?" I appreciate everyone's interest, but really, they might as well just say, "holy cow, you're getting huge!" I'm not offended though. The bigger I get, the closer I am to having this baby, and that's a good thing!

Other pregnancy related updates...I had to take my rings off last week, and I barely recognize my legs anymore. But so far so good in the no stretch marks department. I didn't get them with my first pregnancy, so I'm hoping I can maintain that good luck. We'll see!

I'm going to the doctor every two weeks now, and between that and our very busy April, I think this next month is going to go very fast. It's May I worry about. I think everything might slow to a crawl that last month, but hopefully not!

I think we're as ready as we'll ever be for baby girl's arrival. Her nursery is done and just waiting on a couple of artsy touches before sharing pictures. We've settled on her name, which will be on the blog soon. And besides a few diapers, we have everything we need. We opted out of 2nd-time-around showers, because honestly, there's nothing we would have needed. My Mom supplied plenty of clothes, to which I added unnecessarily. And all the big ticket items we still have from Evan. There are still a few things to take down from the attic, but I think we're ready...We're just waiting on her!

No comments: