Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hello Third Trimester!

I'm in week 28, which means in (hopefully) less than 12 weeks, we'll be meeting baby girl. I think we're ready, mostly. We're 99.9% decided on her first name, and we'll share it once we make up our minds on her middle name. We got the family-friendly car. I finally bought her bedding, and of course, spent more than I had intended. And her nursery is only one IKEA stop away from being finished. And yes, I will definitely post pictures!

So far, my third trimester has started off with a bang. This weekend I had a wicked case of the stomach flu and a day later I caught a cold. I've had a really healthy pregnancy, so I guess I'm just getting all the sick at once. But you know what they say about Spring? If it's in like a lion it goes out like a lamb...Maybe that applies to trimesters!

Spring break is only 2 weeks away, which then leaves just 8 weeks of school. Those last few weeks always go so fast, so I've already started to prepare for Summer and my maternity leave. My official return date is October 4th, which means I'll have 4 months at home with Evan and baby girl. I'm really excited for the extended time at home, but I can't help but think about how very different this will be from my first maternity leave.

Those are the thoughts that make me doubt our readiness. I have no idea what it's like to juggle a newborn baby and a very active preschooler. Either/or I'm familiar with, but both? That reality keeps me up at night! But, I also know that every change and development that I've feared these last 3+ years has turned out to be a good one. I may still fear the unknown, but I know that we'll survive and that I'll love almost every minute of it. Hmm, or maybe every other minute :-)

1 comment:

Alison said...

You'll be fine. :-) Remember how you felt before you had Evan? Probably all of those same things. You just do it. Just tell Jeff he needs to take a month off this time and it'll all be OK. ;-)