Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer!

Today is my last day of school/work. Because of my Monday through Wednesday schedule, I'm actually missing the last day of school, which kind of stinks since I have a lot of sixth graders and their recognition program is tomorrow. But, changing my days this week would have meant coming to work for one more day of my pregnancy, and I just couldn't agree to that!

It would seem that the membrane stripping didn't accomplish much, but I really feel like labor is going to start soon. I can't really give a definitive 'why,' it's just a feeling and little things that I'm noticing. I've been trying so hard to remember the beginning of my labor with Evan so I can look for correlations, and there are parts that are clear, but most of it's kind of a blur. I started having contractions around midnight and went to the hospital around six in the morning, but I had been scheduled to be induced at that time, so we really didn't have to do all of the timing of contractions, etc...I think I even spent some of that night sleeping, which is probably why I don't remember it well. If I don't go into labor by Friday, Aida won't be delivered by my doctor, unless it's by induction next Wednesday. She's not on call this weekend and doesn't work Tuesdays. But, I did get to meet the doctor who is on call and she seems really nice, so I'm not too worried about it. The first time around that would have stressed me out, but this time not so much.

It's funny because these last three days at work, I've had a few people ask me if I was in labor yet. I've wanted to say, "if I was in labor, do you think there's any way that I'd be here?" I mean, really! But what I did say was, "not that I know of!" Maybe the heat is really taking a toll on my appearance. I guess I might look like I'm in labor!

Since it's my last day of work, and since I've been so diligent in wrapping things up early and having everything ready for my departure, I'm treating myself to a half-day. I think I'll go home and take a nap before picking up Evan. I've earned it!

No comments: