Friday, August 27, 2010

They're both pretty amazing!

I can NOT believe that Summer is almost over. I am so thankful that I didn't have to go back to work this month. I found myself secretly gloating to all of the kids on the bus stop. Alright, let's be honest. I haven't been up early enough to see the kids at the bus stop, but I have been gloating from my bed! I go back to work in October, so my day is coming, but in the meantime I plan to soak up every last second of Summer.


Aida turns 3 months old next week, and I'm sure I'll talk more about her exploits then, but her big accomplishment continues to be rolling over. After that first roll over a few weeks ago, she was pretty dormant. But in the last two days she's rolled over every chance she got. In fact, in the 10 minutes I've been writing this post, she's rolled over at least 10 times - no joke! She can't get enough of it. She's also one of the sweetest little girls God has ever made. Her smile, even at 3:00 in the morning, instantly warms your heart. So far one of her favorite things to do is read books. She shrieks and kicks happily every time you turn the page. One of her other favorite things to do? Watch her Brother do just about anything.

And Evan, he continues to sharpen his Big Brother skills. He's really good with her, although we do have to remind him to give her some space on occasion. He's excited for his second soccer game tomorrow and next week we go to "meet the teacher" night at his preschool. He is going to LOVE being in preschool and also back at daycare when I return to work. He is such an extrovert. I could schedule 5 play dates per day and that still wouldn't be enough for his social self. I'm really excited because it looks like Jeff will also be able to play an active role in Evan's preschool experience. He'll be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I work on Tuesdays, so Jeff will work from home that morning to take him to and from. I know Evan is going to love having his Daddy take him to preschool or even go on a field trip or two. I'm looking forward to my Thursday shift too. Not only will I be able to be there for Evan, but it will also give me some alone time with Aida.

So maybe as much as I've enjoyed the Summer, Fall has some fun things to offer too! Preschool. More soccer. Pumpkin patches and apple orchards. Aida's first Halloween. Evan's 4th birthday. A mini family vacation to New Harmony where we'll spend some time relaxing and visiting with some of Jeff's family that haven't met Aida. Football season. Aida's first round of pictures, where I'll hopefully finally get a good one of Evan and Aida together. And let's not forget...TV comes back! Wow! It's going to be a busy Fall!

No comments: