Friday, October 15, 2010

Is October really half over?

I survived the first 2 weeks back at work, and it really wasn't that bad. I had forgotten how quickly those three days can go! Plus, next week is Fall Break and I only work Monday and Tuesday. I'm probably in the "honeymoon" phase, but it was good to see my clients and hear about their progress. I didn't mind being there as much as I thought I would, and Aida did really well at daycare and for my Mom. I did cry off and on that first day though, and eventually made the rule that no one could ask me about Aida, because as long as I didn't talk about her, I wouldn't cry. I've also decided that pumping is a major pain. I'm already over it, but the girl's gotta eat!

That first week was eventful for other reasons too. Aida and I went with Evan to his first field trip - the pumpkin patch! I was a little worried how she would do, but she was great. We went on a hay ride, picked out a pumpkin, and Evan's favorite - had a snack and apple cider. The only downside to taking Aida was that I didn't take a single picture. I wore her in the Moby wrap, and didn't feel like juggling that and my big camera. And then I went and left my phone in the car, so I couldn't even take a picture with that. You can ask anyone, I am never (ever) more than an arms length away from my iPhone, except for that day, of course! We're going to the pumpkin patch again this week, so maybe I'll just use one of those pictures to hide my neglect. He'll never know right?? Unless he reads this, and in that case, sorry Evan!! Mommy loves you!

Aida also had her 4 month doctors appointment that week. She weighs 14 pounds and is 25 1/4 inches tall. That's 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height. She's not as big as her brother was, but I swear this morning she felt exponentially heavier than yesterday! And if you clicked on that link, can you believe how much they look alike? She hasn't learned too many new tricks, but I have noticed that she's starting to be able to sit up on her own. She's not there yet, but yesterday when she was on my lap I realized that she was sitting up and I wasn't supporting her. I can't believe how fast she's growing up!! Ack!! And speaking of maturity, Evan got his flu shot that day too and for the first time ever we didn't have to hold down his screaming and thrashing body. He was such a big boy. He didn't even cry. Which reminds me...In exactly one month I'll be writing his 4 year post. How did that happen?

2 comments:

Lauren Stahl said...

I just composed the girls 4 year post and I nearly started crying...I hope I can get through tomorrow without crying, I can't believe we have 4 year olds, it is insane! Glad work is treating you well and can't wait to catch up!

Alison said...

Yeah, picture taking takes a turn for the worse with each kid! It's hard to have enough hands to get the camera out! I get pictures, I just don't get many with only one kid in them, so the firstborn has a LOT more pictures than the rest! Sad, but true. Carolyn has had the nerve to ask me why there aren't more pictures of her, though! Firstborns! Ahg! BTW-hope you are enjoying the Moby. I LOVED it!