Monday, May 02, 2011

Two Holidays


We celebrated two holidays in April. Obviously the most important of the two was Easter. I already blogged about Easter at my Mom's, but Evan also participated in our neighborhood egg hunt. It's one of my favorite things about our community and he always has a blast, and it's a good primer before heading out to my Mom's. And beyond all of the candy, Easter baskets, and egg hunts, we tried to focus our hearts and Evan's on how "Jesus is Alive!"

The second "holiday" was my birthday :-) I turned a spry 33 this year. It was a great birthday. I recently discovered that there are bakeries on Etsy. I don't know how I'd missed that fact for so long, but there are some unbelievable baked goods available for purchase, and Jeff got me some of those yummy treats. To go with all of that chocolate, I got new running shoes. I got to sleep in, he bought me a necklace (also on Etsy,) and we had our monthly date night. Jeff's birthday is next week and I have a lot to live up to!












No comments: