Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Days

We've been very busy enjoying Summer over here in VerWaynia. Jeff and I celebrated our 7th anniversary, and we've decided that we're definitely taking a big trip for our 10th. Aida will be 4 and Evan will be 7 and I'm pretty sure my Mom will still be up for the task of keeping them for us. Three years seems far away, but it will give us time to plan and save, because it IS happening this time!


Evan has been keeping our days busy with his swim lessons. We decided to go with the two weeks straight option in order to get them in before vacation, and I'm glad we did, but I'm also glad they're over. Between his lessons and her naps, our days were pretty well booked. It will be nice to have more flexibility now that those are through. His instructor says he has a very good grasp on strokes and kicks, but to hear Evan talk you'd think he was ready to compete in the Olympics! We have gotten in a couple of trips to the pool, and he's definitely more confident in the water, so I'm happy.


And Miss Aida has apparently been reading my "what to expect from your baby" emails, because she has suddenly gotten very clingy this week. The separation anxiety obviously shows up at nap and bed time, but there are also times during the day that she is only happy if I'm holding her. It's sweet, but makes it really hard to get things done.

Vacation is approaching and we are definitely ready for some quality family time. I love my time home with the kids, but like I always say, it's even better when Jeff is here too. Add a beach to that and it's perfect! I've made a list of all the things we can do in the surrounding towns, and I've categorized the activities by rain or sun. So no matter what the weather, we're going to have a great time. Now all I need to do is remember the camera!!





No comments: