Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

We started a great Halloween tradition a few years back of having dinner with friends before taking all of our kids trick or treating and we did that again this year. Evan looks forward to walking the neighborhood with his friends almost as much as the candy itself :-) This was Aida's first official trick or treating and it took her a few houses, but I think she got the general idea. Aida was a super cute ice cream cone and Evan was a mighty Thor. I was a little skeptical of getting him the hammer, but Jeff said it was a must, and as far as I could tell he was very responsible with it. As usual, our neighborhood was crazy busy with trick or treaters, and we gave out a ton of candy!


We also carved our pumpkins this weekend, and by "we" I mean Jeff. Although, Evan did work up some sketches and he "art directed" Jeff's carving. I'm always amazed by the finished product. Jeff is a very talented pumpkin carver! Aida wasn't overly involved this year, but she did watch and seemed interested. I'm sure she'll play a bigger role next year. Speaking of next year, I can not believe that November is here! Evan will be turning 5 in a few weeks and then it's the holidays and we're on to 2012. It's crazy how fast this year has been going!



No comments: